Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Conversations from the back seat....

Lately I have been having some very profound, and some not so profound, conversations from the back seat of the car. I don't know if its the fact that there really isn't anything else to distract her....toys, TV show, organizing her room (seriously....I'm not kidding here people), or bossing her sister around, so she really has time to think....or if it's the fact that she knows she has her mom strapped, she can't say "just a minute" or " I'm working right now" but Audra and I have had quite the interesting conversations while driving around town recently. Here is one from today:

-We were driving home and went past a big, tall cell phone tower "thing" with a flashing red light on the top:

Audra: Mommy, does that red light on top mean it's done?
Mom: What honey, is WHAT done?
Audra: The phones?
Mom: Huh, what are you talking about?
Audra: Those big phone things, that's where they make phones, then when they're done, they just drop out of the tall thing (the cell phone tower), isn't that right mommy, isn't that where they make phones!!??
Mom: No honey, that's not where they make the phones...that is what helps our phone talk to Grandma's phone.
Audra: So....it knows where Grandma is?
Mom: Yup....lets go with that!

- So at some point and time when driving around she must have asked what those tall towers were (there is one near our house, we see it often) and something in the response she must have gotten had something to do with phones....so in her mind she decided that must be where they make them, then they just fall to the ground when they are done, like the leaves off a tree. Very cleaver little girl she is...she's not just cute...she's SMART too!!!

1 comment:

Liz Harrell said...

Wow.. that's actually pretty logical when you think aobut it.