Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Adios Tejas....

For the past 11 years we have lived deep in the heart of Texas...and today the moving trucks are coming....
we will remember to "lift with our knees" as we load....


and pack up to hit the trail and start the long drive home tomorrow.
















Texas has meant alot to us over the past 11 years. It has meant:
1. Growing up together
2. Our two daughters entering this world
3. Friends like the Carlsons, Simpsons, Jo and Scott, Pepper and Chris, and so many more that all hold a little piece of our hearts
4. Getting to know a family that had only met me twice when we got married
5. My educational experience
Texas has also meant:
1. Heat stroke
2. Sweaty arm pits nine months out of the year
3. Driving 8 hours JUST to get out of the state
4. Scorpions
5. Months and years without seeing beloved family members and friends
Am I glad we came....yes. Am I glad we are leaving....YES.
Let the journey begin.....







1 comment:

Jessy, Greg, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

Oh Vic! I'm so happy for you. Sad for me. But I know this is something that will be so good for you and your family. You will be in our thoughts as you travel. What fun! Can't wait to see lots of pictures of your journey.