Monday, October 5, 2009

A house to become a home...

So here it is, El Rancho Not So Grande....come on in and make your self at home. Living room and entry

Living room, entry and dining room



Going into the kitchen from the living room


Kitchen



Dining Room


Dining Room and Kitchen


Hallway, built in storage on the way to the girls bedrooms and bathroom.



Girl's bathroom

Elliot's Bedroom

Audra's Bedroom

Downstairs Bathroom

Downstairs Office/Guest bedroom

Downstairs Daylight Basement/Play room
You may have noticed a few things on our little tour:
-Twenty year old carpet
-Honey oak...LOTS and LOTS of honey oak
-white walls
-no flooring down stairs
-a funny smell
Tomorrow we are meeting with our contractor (he is bringing his chain saw) and we are going to begin the renovation process.
There are paint samples all over the walls. I have started the process of taking off the cabinet doors to be painted. Audra painted a picture and took it to the new house to put up on her new bedroom wall.
Things are starting to happen...we'll keep you updated as progress is made.
Soon it won't just be a house, but a home.














5 comments:

Fawn said...

How exciting! Congratulations!!! I love seeing home transformations, and you are so artistic and creative, I'm sure it will shape up in no time. Can't wait to see the process!

The Family said...

I love the house! I can't wait to see what it looks like after your creative touch.

Hiltonadventures.com said...

Just the thing for you (and the girls) to get the creative juices flowing. I can hardly wait to watch the transformation take place. AND I did not know that you had yet another blog..I am so glad to find it. I love to read your writing and see your pictures. I miss you being personally present in Jo's life.

Jessy, Greg, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

Seriously. Once you guys get your hands on this place it will definitely be a grande home! How fun (and a bit time consuming) but fun just the same. :)

Book Lover said...

Oh, that house makes the remodeler in me giddy. Such potential! I am so excited for you Vicki. The best part is the downstairs playroom to hid all the toys!