So we've been baking at our house these past few days. The oven has been pumping out pies, cookies and delicious cinnamon rolls. These same yummy treats I ate as a kiddo growing up too. There is no recipe written down for grandma's cinnamon rolls, we just "know" how to make them. My grandma's cookies taste like nothing else I have ever eaten. My daughters did not get to meet my grandma, but today they knew her through the cookies we baked and the cinnamon rolls we ate for breakfast. When we lived in Texas and had holidays there it seemed natural that my grandma would not be with us, we were not home. But being here, living in the town I grew up in with my grandma just around the corner, it feels wrong not having her here still so many years after she has left us. Gram, I am thinking about you, loving you still and missing you so much it hurts. My sweet Grandma, I cannot wait to introduce to Audra and Elliot, I think you will like them very much.
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Getting to know you...
So we've been baking at our house these past few days. The oven has been pumping out pies, cookies and delicious cinnamon rolls. These same yummy treats I ate as a kiddo growing up too. There is no recipe written down for grandma's cinnamon rolls, we just "know" how to make them. My grandma's cookies taste like nothing else I have ever eaten. My daughters did not get to meet my grandma, but today they knew her through the cookies we baked and the cinnamon rolls we ate for breakfast. When we lived in Texas and had holidays there it seemed natural that my grandma would not be with us, we were not home. But being here, living in the town I grew up in with my grandma just around the corner, it feels wrong not having her here still so many years after she has left us. Gram, I am thinking about you, loving you still and missing you so much it hurts. My sweet Grandma, I cannot wait to introduce to Audra and Elliot, I think you will like them very much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
love all of your pictures. We are sitting here checking them out. Hope all is going well with you.
Post a Comment