This weekend we got the heck out of dodge and went to Stevenson Wa, to my uncle Leroy's campground. Uncle Leroy lives on the old family farm and let us go hiking to a little creek that runs on the property.
Amelia and Gram threw little leaf "boats" and rocks into the creek...
Elliot and I went exploring and she found a bit of old rope on the ground.
When I was a little girl in Alaska we would make a bow and arrows out of a piece of string or rope, fresh, bendable stick, and then more sticks for our arrows.
So I had to introduce my girls to this amazing, unknown skill that their mother had.
While I was demonstrating how this fine instrument worked that I had created, the photographer (Newt) happened on the scene and as I shot my arrow (small, stubby stick) I happend to find aim somewhere between Newt's waist and his knees (wink, wink).
I found this to be so funny I fell down laughing...
Newt not quite so much.
And now another generation of fine young women have been taught the art of forest bow and arrow making...
This bit of land is just so beautiful, so special to get to go visit.
1 comment:
LOVED this post! So great to see all of you guys... in your beautiful greeny-ness that is WA! :-) And let me just take this opportunity to wish the mama in that crowd an early birthday! Love you!!! xoxo
Post a Comment