Thursday, June 19, 2008

On the move...

The truck was REALLY, REALLY full!!!!!
Maria, this one's for you "land o' boxes"
Our new home sweet home in Austin
Garden in the backyard of our new home, we will be growing some yummy things!
Our old house, looking so very sad and empty
We have so many memories from this house, it will be missed.
When this truck pulled up to load our four bedroom, three bath, 2,500 sq ft house, I said to myself, hummmmmm, I don't think everything will fit into that truck....guess what....it didn't!!! So I called the moving company to ask them for some help because they underestimated our house and not everything was on the moving truck. They told me too bad, I would have to pay for another truck to take my stuff to Austin. I told them that wasn't going to be happening seeing as they came to the house and gave me a quote for how much it would cost to move my stuff to Austin (not to mention the fact that we had sold things like a frig, 8 dinning room chairs, TONS of kids toys, and lots of other junk in a garage sale AFTER getting the quote). So far I have found broken 13 plates, 2 vases, 1 lamp, 1 chair, and another chair VERY badly scared. Needless to say, we had a TERRIBLE moving company and we made many more trips back and forth to San Antonio that weekend. But we are now all safe and sound in Austin, we have a very nice neighbor who is a fireman named Sunny (Audra now thinks all firemen are named Sunny). Newt is enjoying the perks of working from home (he comes out for a few bits of ice cream from the container during the girls nap time, then slips back into the office). I am loving the variety of groceries stores to shop from (I can't help myself, its in my blood, and SA only had one grocery store chain and Super Walmart, that was IT!!) So we will keep you posted on our adventures in Austin, more to come soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok,

Thanks that moving truck scares me. Did I tell you we are moving ourselves? I am glad you made it safely to your new destination.

Carrie