Tuesday, June 24, 2008

What's for dinner?

So tonight as I was cooking dinner, Audra learned that the rest of the world eats sweet little cows, chickies, piggies and fishies. It went a little something like this:

Audra: Mom, what are the doing to that fish (she brought a magazine to me that had an advertisement for a stove, on the stove is a whole fish cooking in a skillet).
Mom: They are cooking it.
Audra: But why?
Mom: To eat it for dinner.
Audra: That's not very nice!
Mom: Some people do that, they eat cows, fish, chickens, and piggies.
Audra: But the cow wouldn't fit in there (the skillet).
Mom: (Oh dear, now what do I say) I know, that's why the need to put it into pieces.
Audra: But would that hurt?
Mom: Possibly.
Audra: Well.....that is not very NICE! (and off she goes).

I'm telling you people, it's a cruel, cruel world out there!! So much to learn when your 3 years old!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your life lessons! I love how a little kid can just put into such simple words the crux of an argument. We miss you guys, but I'm happy to see all of the fun things coming out of Austin now!