




DEMOLITION Derby that is!!!!! Last night I had the privilege of witnessing one of the greatest events on earth... the Walla Walla Fair Demolition Derby. I have not been since I was in high school, it was as great as I remembered. I went with my brother Erik and his wife Carlie and my cousin Tyler and his wife Stephanie. The derby consists of a race around the dirt arena that will later be used for the rodeo. There are many "heats" before the final race so there is lots of racing action, lots of bumping and running into the other racers, lots of smoke, bumpers falling off, blown tires, running into walls... it's great! Following the race is the demolition part of the derby where all the cars come back out and they just ram into each other till there is only one car left that is able to run After the derby we had some fine fair dining, roasted corn dipped into a vat of butter and beer battered french fries, hmmmmmm good. Fair food is a food category on the food pyramid all its own! Carlie and I were the only two that were brave enough and not pregnant (the boys were not brave, Stephanie is pregnant) to go on the rides, we had a wildly good time. I got home just before curfew (seriously, I felt like a kid again)!! Oh, to be 18 again!!
No comments:
Post a Comment